- PhD Candidate
- Supervisor: Dr. Yolande Seddon, Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences
- Home Community: Argentina
- DVM, University of Georgia, College of Veterinary Medicine, 2015
- MPH, University of Georgia, College of Public Health, 2011
- BSc, Emory University, 2008
Dr. Gonzalez obtained his degree in veterinary medicine and a specialization in public health and preventive medicine from the University of Buenos Aires (UBA), Argentina.
During his undergraduate program, he worked as an intern in the veterinary school's animal welfare departmtent. Following this experience, he pursued a master's degree in agroecosystems at the Federal University of Santa Catarina, Brazil.
He recently worked in a joint project with the Animal Welfare Program at the University of British Columbia's Dairy Research Centre (Agassiz, B.C.). His project evaluated heifers’ social bonding and its strength.
Dr. Gonzalez is exploring how to incentivize play in pre-weaning piglets. Specifically, he's looking to discover which triggers are more effective to elicit this kind of behaviour and to evaluate the effects of play on specific behavioural and physiological markers. Swine behaviour, animal welfare.