- Cross sectional imaging, including pulmonary and neuroimaging
Dr. Lesley Zwicker is an assistant professor in medical imaging at the Western College of Veterinary Medicine (WCVM) and a board-certified specialist in medical imaging.
After graduating from the Atlantic Veterinary College (AVC) in 2010, Dr. Zwicker completed a one-year rotating internship in small animal medicine and surgery at the WCVM. In 2011, she returned to AVC for a four-year residency and master’s degree program in veterinary diagnostic imaging. Dr. Zwicker became a Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Radiology in 2014.
After completing her residency, she worked at the Université de Montréal as an assistant professor in medical imaging for one year. Dr. Zwicker returned home to the Maritimes in the spring of 2016, providing locum/contract services to multiple Canadian veterinary schools as well as teleradiology services.
- BSc (Hon), Mount Allison University, 1998
- BScPharm, Dalhousie University, 2003
- DVM, Atlantic Veterinary College, University of Prince Edward Island, 2010
- Residency, Medical Imaging, Atlantic Veterinary College, University of Prince Edward Island, 2011-2015
- MVSc, Atlantic Veterinary College, University of Prince Edward Island, 2011-2015
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Radiology, 2014
- Zwicker LA, Matthews AR, Côté E, Andersen E. "The effect of dexmedetomidine on radiographic cardiac silhouette size in healthy cats." Veterinary Radiology & Ultrasound. 2016; 57(3):230-6.
- Koch E, Pack L, Zwicker LA, Lopez-Mendez C, Aburto EM. "Osteosarcoma in the proximal humerus of a mare." Equine Veterinary Education. 2014;26(8):410-15.
- Zwicker L, Pack L. "What is your diagnosis? – Lingual calcinosis circumscripta in a young Newfoundland dog." Journal of American Veterinary Medical Association. 2011;239:575-6.I