PET-CT Seminar Day and Open House at the WCVM
Can PET-CT (positron emission tomography-computed tomography) imaging enhance your research?
Plan to attend this half-day event that includes presentations, Q and A session, a tour and a keynote presentation by Dr. David Cheng, director of nuclear medicine at Jacobi Hospital, one of the teaching hospitals for the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York, NY.
- Time: 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Date: Friday, November 15, 2019
- Location: Room 2104, Western College of Veterinary Medicine (download WCVM building map)
- RSVP: Please register online by Monday, Nov. 11.
- Download schedule
- Download USask parking map
This free event includes complimentary refreshments and lunch.
- LEARN about the capabilities of the Western College of Veterinary Medicine’s new PET-CT unit, located in WCVM’s Allard Roozen Imaging Suite.
- EXPLORE how PET-CT technology could benefit your research program.
- CONNECT with researchers in the human and animal health fields across campus.
About our keynote speaker:
Dr. David Cheng is the Director of Nuclear Medicine at Jacobi Hospital, one of the teaching hospitals for the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York, NY.
Dr. Cheng graduated with a BS degree in biochemistry and a PhD degree in biomedical physics from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). His graduate work was performed under Dr. Michael Phelps' group in Nuclear Medicine.
Subsequently, he obtained a MD degree from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine and completed a dual residency in Internal Medicine and Nuclear Medicine. He was an In Vivo Cellular and Molecular Imaging Center (ICMIC) fellow at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center under Dr. Steven Larson. Dr. Cheng worked as Chief of Nuclear Medicine at Yale-New Haven Hospital for over 10 years.
- 09:00 AM - 01:30 PM
- WCVM 2104
- PET-CT Seminar Day and Open House poster