Kevin has spent considerable time assisting university researchers with the clarification of draft or full proposals in order to help them best present their research plans.
As the WCVM's research facilitator, his primary responsibilities consist of the following:
- assisting researchers in identifying grant opportunities
- providing guidance on best practices for success in preparing applications
- identifying collaborative opportunities
- supporting the development of research proposals
- assisting with administrative processes such as project budgeting, monitoring funding deadlines, and interacting with various research and funding agency application platforms
Kevin has prior experience as a research facilitator in other colleges and schools at the University of Saskatchewan as well as Cape Breton University. He has also worked as a senior program officer in the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) Research Partnerships directorate.
- Graduate Diploma, Public Policy and Program Evaluation — Carleton University
- MSc, Natural Resources Management — University of Northern British Columbia
- BSc, Physical Geography/Environmental Sciences — University of Toronto
- BA, Journalism/English Literature — Concordia University