The Cold Lake Veterinary Clinic is looking to add 1 new veterinarian to their team. The hire would be to replace one associate leaving with her partner as he moves for a military posting. We have hired new grads in the past from Saskatoon, Calgary and PEI and enjoy mentoring new and old grads that need it.
We primarily provide small animal services but also provide bovine ambulatory services to some wonderful clients. New hires are welcome to do bovine work if they are interested but this is not a requirement if you are only interested in small animal medicine and surgery.
Reasons our clinic is a great place to start (or continue) your career:
- We have a strict “No Drama” policy that applies to vets, support staff and clients
- Rest assured that you will be joining a team that is supportive and enjoys their workplace.
- We emphasize client communication and have no drama over billing or client expectations.
- We employ and fully utilize registered animal health techs and have two very capable lay staff that keep things running.
- We are in a small city that provides a great lifestyle outside of work, but we are far enough away from the big cities that we get to provide services that might normally be referred if you practiced in a large city.
- You will be able to learn how to handle major surgeries such as pyometras, GDV’s, foreign bodies, and cystotomies.
- We do 3-6 routine procedures and a full dental with radiology every day so there is lots of opportunity to get surgical time.
- We do TTA’s and extra capsular repair of cruciate injuries and are working on developing a rehab program at our facility (one vet and one tech working on certification through U of Tennessee).
- We work up and manage major medical cases, do behaviour consults and abdominal ultrasounds.
- Our clients care deeply for their pets and they have the financial ability to provide a good level of care.
- The opportunity to learn the basic and not-so-basic procedures in this practice are many. This is not a boring place to work.
- We have all the fancy equipment, electronic record keeping and client communication tools and are expanding into a new facility in the spring of 2022
- We have a very generous CE allowance that has allowed each associate and technician to develop their areas of interest.
Reasons why Cold Lake is a great place to live:
- We are a city of 15000 people in northeastern Alberta located 1.5 hours north of Lloydminster and 3 hours from Edmonton.
- Cost of living is affordable and the area is full of opportunities to enjoy the outdoors. If you like hiking, fishing, quadding, biking, riding, hunting, kayaking, swimming or otherwise being outdoors, this is the place for you. We have really good infrastructure in our city with new recreation facilities, several ice rinks, a wonderful beach area, trail systems, skate parks and motocross facilities. There is an agility club and lots of trail areas for dog lovers and you could afford to keep a horse and use the local riding arena if you enjoy horses. Owning a home or acreage is achievable in this area (if you are interested).
If you would be interested in starting off (or continuing) your career in a great workplace, please call or email for more info.
Also, if you would like to talk to a current associate about their experience here, please contact:
|Dr. Anika Mueller
UCVM Class of 2017
|Dr. Megan Macleod
WCVM Class of 2018
|Dr. Autumn Dunivan
U of Missouri Class of 2009