The WCVM is commited to protecting the health and safety of its students, faculty, staff, clients and visitors. The following health resources are available at the college and on the U of S Campus:
- Automated external defibrillators (AEDs): The WCVM has installed four AEDs at various locations throughout the building. To learn how to properly operate an AED, please watch an educational video.
- WCVM buffeteria (southwest corner)
- WCVM library entrance, near Room 3112
- Veterinary Medical Centre foyer, next to the VMC administrative offices and to the Small Animal Clinic entrance (east side of building)
- Prairie Diagnostic Services, in the hallway next to the PDS receiving area
- Rabies Immunization Policy: This policy is designed to ensure that all faculty, students and staff of the WCVM who work with animals and animal tissues have the opportunity to be protected from exposure to rabies. Any faculty, students and staff at the WCVM and Prairie Diagnostic Services who are at risk of being exposed to rabies will be offered immunization against rabies, or they must accept liability by signing an appropriate release. For more information, please contact the WCVM rabies program co-ordinator (306-966-7455).
- U of S Health Services: The U of S has a Student Health Centre where a variety of health professionals are available to answer questions about any health concern. WCVM veterinary students can also find educational information on a wide range of health subjects — from sexual health to mental health — to help them make informed decisions about their health and health care.
- U of S Wellness and Safety Resources: Wellness and Safety Resources provides leadership and quality services for the creation and maintenance of a healthy and safe environment at the university. As a campus-wide resource, Wellness and Safety Resources provides a variety of safety programs and services including hazardous waste management and safety training courses.
- Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) information: The Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety provides access to a collection of MSDS information supplied directly by manufacturers and suppliers.