Good Samaritan Fund
Established in 2011, the WCVM Good Samaritan Fund's goal is to provide medical treatment for animals that are ownerless or owned by clients who can not pay for care due to circumstances beyond their control. In some instances, these medical cases also present a teaching opportunity for veterinary students at the WCVM.
Patients selected for support by the Good Samaritan Fund will:
- have a need for life saving procedures
- a reasonable prognosis for good, long-term recovery
Eligible patients will be:
- ownerless (including animals under the care of the Saskatoon SPCA)
- owned by clients who can not pay due to circumstances beyond their control (as determined by the attending clinician during the patient's appointment)
- attended by veterinarians at the WCVM Veterinary Medical Centre (VMC)
Requests for support: The patient's attending clinician submits a request for support to the WCVM's Good Samaritan Fund committee.
WCVM Zoo, Exotics and Wildlife Fund
This fund supports the needs of the zoo, exotics and wildlife program at the Western College of Veterinary Medicine (WCVM). Gifts to the fund are used toward education, clinical support, equipment purchases or research.