Amp up your horse health knowledge!
Here's your opportunity to boost your understanding of equine health issues — right in the comfort of your own home! Join us for each instalment of the WCVM EquineED Talks, featuring speakers from the WCVM equine clinical team. During this virtual series of equine health seminars, speakers will focus on various topics:
Beginning on Oct. 19, each 75-minute presentation will begin at 7 p.m. on selected Tuesday evenings from October 2021 to March 2022.
- October 19: Lameness, management of osteoarthritis and back pain. Speaker: Dr. James Carmalt
- November 2: Hoof health and disease. Speaker: Drs. Joe Bracamonte and Julia Montgomery.
- November 16: Equine biosecurity. Speaker: Dr. Chris Clark.
- November 30: First aid and wound management. Speaker: Dr. Keri Thomas.
- December 14: Performance horse health and nutrition. Speakers: Dr. Julia Montgomery and Amanda van de Kerckhove.
- January 11: Breeding and fertility. Speaker: Dr. Steve Manning.
- January 25: Preventive health care, including dental care. Speaker: Dr. Michelle Husulak.
- February 8: Ongoing equine research at the WCVM (panel discussion). Speakers TBA.
- February 22: Infectious disease outbreaks. Speakers: Drs. Valentina Ragno and Julia Montgomery.
- March 8: Don’t compound a drug problem. Speaker: Dr. Trisha Dowling.
- March 22: Equine health issues across Western Canada (panel discussion). Speakers TBA.
This equine health seminar series is open to everyone in the horse community. While there is no cost to attend, you must register in advance.
Click the button below to register for one or more of the equine health seminars.