- Bovine reproduction
- DVM, University of Prince Edward Island, Atlantic Veterinary College, 1992
- MVetSc, University of Saskatchewan, 1995
- Diplomate, ACT, 1995
Dr. Palmer gained experience in mixed animal practice in Ontario, British Columbia and Saskatchewan before joining the WCVM in 2000. Dr. Palmer is extensively involved in teaching undergraduate theriogenology and is primarily responsible for the palpation and obstetric labs. He is actively involved in providing clinical service in the Large Animal Clinic and Field Service areas. His primary clinical interest is food animals, especially cattle; however, Dr. Palmer plays a minor role in delivering reproductive services in the Small Animal Clinic.
- Palmer CW. 2003. "Postpartum metritis in cattle - a review of the condition and its treatment." Large Animal Veterinary Rounds. 3(8). www.canadianveterinarians.net/larounds
- Palmer CW, Amundson SD, Brito LFC, Waldner CL, Barth AD. 2003. "Use of oxytocin and cloprostenol to facilitate semen collection by electroejaculation or transrectal massage in bulls." Animal Reproduction Science (accepted). www.sciencedirect.com/science
- Palmer CW, Barth AD. 2003. "Comparison of the BullMateTM sperm quality analyzer with conventional means of assessing the semen quality and breeding soundness of beef bulls." Animal Reproduction Science. 77: 173-185. www.sciencedirect.com/science
- Palmer CW, Post K. 2002. "Prevention of pregnancy in the dog with a combination of prostaglandin F2a and bromocriptine." Canadian Veterinary Journal. 43: 460-462.