- Resident (equine surgery)
- Supervisor: Dr. Joe Bracamonte, Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences
- Home community: Fiske, Sask.
- BSA Animal Science, University of Saskatchewan, 2017
- DVM Western College of Veterinary Medicine, 2022
Dr. Alannah Friedlund is from Fiske, Sask. After graduating from high school, she attended the University of Saskatchewan where she completed a Bachelor of Science in Agriculture (Animal Science) degree at the College of Agriculture and Bioresources. She went on to complete her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree at the WCVM and graduated in 2022.
After graduation, Dr. Friedlund joined the WCVM Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences for a one-year clinical internship in large animal surgery. In July 2023, she began a combined MSc program-residency in large animal surgery.