- Honey bee health and sustainability of agriculture
Dr. Sarah Wood (MSc, DVM, PhD, Dipl. ACVP) holds the position of USask Pollinator Health Research Chair at the Western College of Veterinary Medicine (WCVM). She is also an associate professor in the WCVM's Department of Veterinary Pathology and is board certified with the American College of Veterinary Pathologists (ACVP).
Wood is a USask alumna who earned Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) and PhD degrees from the WCVM, and she has worked on research related to pollinator health since 2015.
Wood's research interests include infectious diseases of honey bees, pesticide risk assessment for pollinators, quantifying pollinator contributions to agricultural productivity, and developing honey bees as experimental models for human and animal disease.
- BSc (Honours), Biology, Acadia University
- MSc, Department of Environmental Biology, University of Guelph
- DVM, Western College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Saskatchewan
- PhD, Western College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Saskatchewan
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Pathologists (ACVP)