- Swine and food animal diseases
- Bachelor of Agriculture (Veterinary Medicine), South China Agricultural University.
- Master of Agriculture (Veterinary Pathology), South China Agricultural University.
- Master of Science, University of Saskatchewan.
- PhD, University of Saskatchewan.
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Pathologists (ACVP).
- Dr. Huang is a veterinary anatomic pathologist with Prairie Diagnostic Services (PDS) and is an adjunct professor with the Department of Veterinary Pathology.
- Production animal diseases, especially swine diseases.
- Infectious diseases.
- Diagnostic techniques.