- Total intravenous anesthesia (TIVA), pain management and anesthesia in exotic species
- DrMedVet, University of Vienna, Austria
- MVetSc,and Residency in Veterinary Anesthesia, University of Saskatchewan
- Diplomate of the European College of Veterinary Anaesthesia and Analgesia
Dr. Ambros received her veterinary degree from the University of Veterinary Medicine in Vienna, Austria. She worked in a small animal emergency referral clinic in Vienna and at the University of Vienna prior to completing her veterinary anesthesia residency at the WCVM.
- Ambros, B, Alcorn, J, Duke-Novakowski, T, Livingston, A, Dowling, PM, 2014. Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics of a Constant Rate Infusion of Fentanyl (5µg/kg/h) in Awake Cats. American Journal of Veterinary Research, 75: 716-721.
- Gamble, JJ, Ambros, B, Séguin, P, Benmansour, P, Simko, E, 2014. Stimulating Thoracic Epidural Placement via a Lumbar Approach Causes Significant Spinal Cord Damage in a Porcine Model. Canadian Journal of Anaesthesia, 61 (4): 306-311.
- Ambros, B, Duke, T, 2013. Effect of Low Dose Rate Ketamine Infusions on Thermal and Mechanical Thresholds in Conscious Cats. Veterinary Anaesthesia and Analgesia, 40 (6): e76-82.
- Dhakal, S, Auckland, C, Huang, Y, Ambros, B, Duke, T, Wilson, D G, Foxcroft, G, Harding, J, 2013. Uterine Spaciousness During Embryo and Fetal Development in Multiparous Sows Improves Birth Weight and Postnatal Growth Performance. Livestock Sciences, 153: 154-164.
- Duke-Novakovski, T, Ambros, B, Auckland, CD, Harding, JCS, 2012. The Effects of Succinylcholine or Low Dose Rocuronium to Aid Endotracheal Intubation of Adult Sows. The Canadian Journal of Veterinary Research, 76: 57-61.
- Plesman, R, Johnson, M, Rurak, S, Ambros, B, Shmon, C, 2011. Thoracoscopic Correction of a Congenital Persistent Right Aortic Arch. Canadian Veterinary Journal, 52: 1123-1128.