- Surgical therapy of glaucoma, retinopathies and ocular pathology
- DVM, University of Saskatchewan
- Residency, Ophthalmology, University of Guelph
- Diplomate, American Board of Veterinary Practitioners
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Ophthalmologists
Dr. Grahn has published one book, two CDs, 15 book chapters, 43 peer-reviewed papers, 13 case reports, 114 diagnostic ophthalmology articles and 75 abstracts. He has also been invited to speak at more than 85 lectures outside the University of Saskatchewan including conference presentations.
- Bellone RR, Forsyth G, Leeb T, Archer S, Biagi T, Sigurdsson S, Maucelli E, Engensteiner M, Bailey E, Sandmeyer L, Lindblad-Toh K, Wade C, Grahn BH, 2010. "Fine mapping and mutation analysis of TRPM1 a candidate gene for Leopard Spotting and congenital stationary night blindness (CNSB)." Briefings in Functional Genomics 9(3): 193-207.
- Bauer BS, Forsyth GW, Sandmeyer LS, Grahn BH, 2010. "Mitochondrial transcription factor A (Tfam) gene sequencing and mitochrondrial evaluation in inherited retinal dysplasia in miniature Schnauzer dogs." Canadian Journal of Veterinary Research 75(2): 134-140.
- Bellone, RR, Archer S, Wade CM, Cuka-Lawson C, Haase B, Leeb T, Forsyth G, Sandmeyer LS, Grahn BH, 2010. "Association analysis of candidate SNPs in TRPM1 with leopard complex spotting (LP) and congenital stationary night blindness (CSNB)." Animal Genetics 41 (suppl 2): 207.
- Lim CC, Bakker S, Waldner CL, Sandmeyer LS, Grahn BH, 2011. "Cataracts in 44 dogs (77 eyes): a comparison of outcomes for no treatment, topical medical management, or phacoemulsification with intraocular lens implantation." Canadian Veterinary Journal 52:283-288.
- Sandmeyer LS, Bauer BS, Breaux CB, Grahn BH 2011. "Congenital nasolacrimal disorders in four Alpacas." Canadian Veterinary Journal 52:313-317.
- Bauer et al 2010. "Relative quantitation of leukocyte mitochondrial DNA and mitochondrial evaluation using transmission electron microscopy in normal English springer spaniel dogs and those affected with retinal dysplasia." American Journal of Veterinary Research 71:454-459.
- Sandmeyer LS, Sheikh A, Shultke E, Fourney D, Grahn BH 2008. "Chronic ocular lesions associated with bi-directional microbeam radiation therapy in an experimental rat study of therapy of C6 and F98 gliomas." Veterinary Ophthalmology 11: 290-298.
- Bellone RR, Brooks SA, Sandmeyer LS, Murphy BA, Forsyth G, Archer S, Bailey E, Grahn BH 2008. "Differential gene expression of TRPM1, the likely cause of congenital stationary night blindness and coat spotting patterns (LP) in Appaloosa horses (Equus caballus)." Genetics 179: 1861-1870.
- Grahn BH, Sandmeyer LS, Breaux C 2008. "Retinopathy of Coton de Tulear dogs: Clinical manifestations, electroretinographic, ultrasonographic, fluorescein and indocyanine green angiographic, and optical coherence tomographic findings." Veterinary Ophthalmology 11: 242-249.
- Grahn BH, Pinard C, Archer S, Bellone R, Forsyth G, Sandmeyer LS 2008. "Congenital ocular anomalies in purebred and cross-bred Rocky and Kentucky Mountain horses in Canada." Canadian Veterinary Journal 49: 675-681.
- Grahn BH, Barnes LD, Breaux CB, Sandmeyer LS 2007. "Chronic retinal detachment and giant retinal tears in 34 dogs; outcome comparison of no treatment, topical medical therapy, and retinal reattachment after vitrectomy." Canadian Veterinary Journal 48: 1031-1039.
- Sandmeyer LS, Breaux CB, Archer S, Grahn BH, 2007. "Clinical and electroretinographic characteristics of congenital stationary night blindness in the Appaloosa and the association with leopard complex." Veterinary Ophthalmology 10: 368-375.
- Grahn BH, Sangster C, Breaux C, Stephen C, Sandmeyer L, 2007. "The clinical and light microscopic manifestations of gas bubble disease in captive fish." J Exotic Pet 16: 104-112.
- Guziewicz KE, Zanger B, Lindauer SJ, Mullins RF, Sandmeyer LS, Grahn BH, Stone EM, Acland GM, Aguirre GD, 2007. "Bestrophin gene mutations cause canine multifocal retinopathy, a novel animal model for Best disease." Investigative Ophthalmology Visual Science; 48:1959-1967.