- Veterinary Dentistry
Dr. Candace Lowe received her veterinary degree from the Western College of Veterinary Medicine (WCVM) in 2005. Following graduation, she worked as a clinical associate in radiation oncology at the WCVM Veterinary Medical Centre.
In 2008, Dr. Lowe began a combined residency in veterinary dentistry and Master of Veterinary Science degree program, which she successfully completed in July 2011.
She joined the WCVM's Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences as an assistant professor in September 2011 and now operates the veterinary dentistry clinical service at the WCVM Veterinary Medical Centre. Dr. Lowe is a board-certified specialist with the American Veterinary Dental College (AVDC).
- DVM, University of Saskatchewan
- MVetSc, University of Saskatchewan
- Diplomate, American Veterinary Dental College
- Periodontal disease
- Veterinary medical education
- Grier-Lowe, C and Anthony, J, 2015. Case Report- Equine Odontoclastic Tooth Resorption and Hypercementosis of Incisor Teeth in a 22-year old Arabian Mare. Novel Treatment, Canadian Veterinary Journal, 56(8): 855-62.
- Anthony, J, Waldner, C, Grier, C, Laycock, AR, 2010. A Survey of Equine Oral Pathology. Journal of Veterinary Dentistry, 27(1):12-15.