- Soft tissue surgery, neurosurgery, urogenital surgery, injuries in working and growing dogs, teaching of surgical skills
A native of Regina, Dr. Shmon returned to Saskatoon to join the WCVM faculty in 1988. She teaches small animal surgery, surgical principles and surgical exercises. She became head of the Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences in July 2011. Dr. Shmon is on administrative leave until July 1, 2020.
- DVM, University of Saskatchewan
- Internship and Surgical Residency, University of Guelph
- DVSc, University of Guelph
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Surgeons
- Certified Canine Rehabilitation Practitioner (CCRP)
- Belanger, R, Shmon, CL, Gilbert, PJ, Linn, KA, 2014. Prevalence of Circumcaval Ureters and Double Vena Cava in Cats. American Journal of Veterinary Research, Jan;75(1):91-5.
- Osinchuk, S, Taylor, SM, Shmon, CL, Pharr, J, Campbell, J,2014. Comparison Between Core Temperatures Measured Telemetrically Using the CorTemp® Ingestible Temperature Sensor and Rectal Temperature in Healthy Labrador Retrievers at Rest and During Strenuous Exercise, Canadian Veterinary Journal , 55:939-945.
- Taylor, SM, Shmon, CL, Su, L, Epp, T, Minor, K, Mickelson, JR, Patterson, EE, Shelton, GD. Evaluation of Dogs with Border Collie Collapse, Including Response to Two Standardized Strenuous Exercise Protocols. Journal of American Animal Hospital Association (MS-6361, accepted April 29, 2014).
- Belanger, R, Shmon, CL, Gilbert, PJ, Linn, KA. Prevalence of Circumcaval Ureters and Double Vena Cava in Cats, American Journal of Veterinary Research, 2014; 75:91-95.
- El-Hadi, M, Charavaryamath, C, Aebischer, A, Shmon, C, Singh, B, 2012. Expression of IL-8 and ICAM-1 in Synovial Membrane and Cranial Cruciate Ligament in Dogs Following Rupture of Cranial Cruciate Ligament. Canadian Journal of Veterinary Research, 76(1): 8-15.
- Plesman, R, Sharma, A, Gilbert, P, Campbell, J, Johnston, J.D, Shmon, C, Linn, K, 2012. Radiographic Landmarks for Measurement of Cranial Tibial Subluxation in the Canine Cruciate Ligament Deficient Stifle. Veterinary Comparative Orthopedic and Traumatology, 25(6), (Epub ahead of print).
- Cosford, KL, Shmon, CL, Myers, SL, Taylor, SM, Carr, AP, Steiner, JM, Suchodolski, JS, Mantovani, F, 2010. Prospective Evaluation of Laparaoscopic Pancreatic Biopsies in 11 Healthy Cats. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 24(1): 104-113.
- Gilbert, PJ, Shmon, CL, Linn, KA, Singh, B, 2010. Macroscopic and Microvascular Blood Supply of the Canine Common Calcaneal Tendon. Veterinary Comparative Orthopedics and Traumatology, 23(2): 81-86.