- Veterinary Ophthalmology
Dr. Leis is an assistant professor (ophthalmology) in the WCVM's Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences. She received her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from the WCVM in 2012. During her veterinary program, Dr. Leis worked as a WCVM small animal research student and as a student clinical employee at the WCVM Veterinary Medical Centre.
After graduation, Dr. Leis completed a one-year rotating small animal internship at the WCVM. She completed her three-year residency in veterinary ophthalmology in 2016.
- BSc, College of Arts and Science, U of S
- DVM, Western College of Veterinary Medicine, U of S
- MVSc, Western College of Veterinary Medicine, U of S
- Diplomate, ACVO
- Post-operative ocular hypertension and glaucoma following cataract surgery
- Changes of the ocular surface microbiome in healthy and diseased states