Dr. Romany Pinto is a clinical associate of rehabilitation in the WCVM Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences. Her areas of practice include small animal rehabilitation and acupuncture. One of her main areas of interest includes helping working or sporting dogs return to their previous activities after injury.
Originally from Coquitlam, B.C., Dr. Pinto received her DVM from the Western College of Veterinary Medicine (WCVM) in 2006. After graduating, she spent three years as a clinical associate in anesthesia at the VMC. Dr. Pinto is a certified veterinary acupuncturist (CVA) from the Chi Institute of Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine in Reddick, Fla. She is also a certified canine rehabilitation practitioner (CCRP) from the University of Tennessee.
- BSC (Hon), Simon Fraser University (2002)
- DVM, University of Saskatchewan (2006)
- Certified Veterinary Acupuncturist (CVA), Chi Institute of Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine (2008)
- Certified Canine Rehabilitation Practitioner (CCRP), University of Tennessee (2009)
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Sports and Rehabiliation Medicine (ACVSRM) (2022)