- Zoonotic and food- or water-borne parasites
- 2002: Graduation as veterinarian from Vetsuisse Faculty, University of Bern, Switzerland
- 2006: Dr. med vet. Vetsuisse Faculty, University of Bern, Switzerland
- 2011: Diplomate of the European Veterinary Parasitology College (EVPC)
- 2014: Habilitation in Veterinary Parasitology, Vetsuisse Faculty, University of Bern, Switzerland
Teaching and Clinical Areas
Dr. Frey has supervised four veterinary doctoral students and several master students. She has ample experience in teaching veterinary parasitology through lectures, practical courses and seminars to undergraduate students of all levels.
Dr. Frey has a strong interest in zoonotic and more specifically food- or water-borne parasites. She has developed methods for detecting and isolating different parasites (Toxoplasma and other apicomplexans, Trichinella, Echinococcus etc.) in their hosts, in food, or in their vector species. She has also performed research that advanced the molecular characterization of trichomonads, and has applied the novel diagnostic tools to epidemiologic investigations.
Please see: ORCID-ID: 0000-0002-6478-7493 or PubMed “frey cf parasit*”