- Doctor of Philosophy in Veterinary Microbiology (PhD), University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
- Master of Veterinary Microbiology (MVSc), Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture and Technology (India),
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM), Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture and Technology (India),
- 2015-Present: Interim Assistant Executive Director (Research), School of Public Health
- 2011-Present: Associate Member, Veterinary Microbiology
- 2011-Present: Director Vaccinology & Immunotherapeutics Program, School of Public Health
- 2008-Present: Professor, School of Public Health, University of Saskatchewan
- 2008-Present: Research Fellow, VIDO-InterVac
- 2001-2008: Head Vectored Vaccine Program, VIDO-InterVac
- Molecular biology of non human adenoviruses (bovine adenovirus-3 and porcine adenovirus-3)
- Adenovirus protein-protein and protein DNA interactions
- Role of nucleus and mitochondria in bovine adenovirus-3 replication
- Non human adenovirus as Viral Vectors
- Dendritic cell Targeted non human adenovirus vectors
Käser T, Cnudde T, Hamonic G, Rieder M, Pasternak A. Lai M., Tikoo S. K., Wilson H., Meurens M. (2014). Porcine retinal cell line VIDO R1 and Chlamydia su 1 is to modelize ocular chlamydiosis. Veterinary Immunol Immunopath (Accepted)
Ayalew LE, P. Kumar, A. Gaba, N. Makadiya, Suresh K Tikoo*. (2015). Bovine adenovirus-3 as vaccine delivery vehicle. Vaccine 33: 493-499.
Kumar P, J vande Hurk, L. E.Ayaelaw. Amit gaba, Suresh K Tikoo* 2015. Proteomic analysis of purified turkey adenovirs-3. Veterinary Research 46:79.
Peng Zhang, Enqi Du, Jing Ma , Lu Zhang, Wenbin Wang, Suresh K. Tikoo* Zengqi Yang*, (2014). A novel and simple method for rapid generation of recombinant porcine adenoviruses. PLOS1 May 26;10(5):e0127958.doi10.137
Vikas Kulshreshtha , Azharul Islam, Lisanework E Ayalew, and Suresh K. Tikoo* (2015). Leucines residues in conserved region of 33k protein of bovine adenovirus - 3 are important for binding to major late promoter and activation of late gene expression. Virology 483: 174-184
Brownlie R, P. Kumar, L. A. Babiuk and Suresh K Tikoo*. (2015). Recombinant Bovine Adenovirus -3 Co-Expressing Bovine Respiratory Syncytial Virus Glycoprotein G and Truncated Glycoprotein gD of Bovine Herpesvirus-1 Induce Immune Responses in Cotton Rats. Molecular Biotechnology 57:58-64
Kumar A., Suresh. K. Tikoo, P. Malik and A. T. Kumar. (2014). Respiratory Diseases of small ruminants. Vet Med. 2014:373642
Kulshreshtha V, L. E. Ayalew, A. Islam and Suresh K. Tikoo* (2014). Conserved arginines of BAdV-3 33K protein are important for transportin 3 mediated transport and virus replication”. PLOS1 14 Jul; 9(7):e1012
Ayalew LE., Amit Gaba, Pankaj Kumar, Suresh K Tikoo*. (2014). Conserved regions of bovine adenovirus-2 pVIII contain functional domains involved in nuclear localization and packaging in mature infectious virion. J . Gen Virol. 95:1743-1754
Dar, Arshud, Suresh K Tikoo, Andy Potter, Lorne A. Babiuk, Volker Gerdts and George Mutwiri. (2014). CpG-ODNs induced changes in cytokine / chemokines genes expression leading to suppression of infectious bronchitis virus replication in chicken lungs. Vet. Immunol. ImunoPathol. 160:209-217.
Anand, SK, J. Singh, A. Gaba and Suresh K. Tikoo* (2014). Effect of bovine adenovirus-3 on mitochondria. Veterinary Research 45:45.
Kumar, P., Ayalew L. E., Godson, D. L., Gaba A., Babiuk, LA, and S. K. Tikoo* (2014). Mucosal immunization of calves with recombinant bovine adenovirus-3 coexpressing truncated form of bovine herpesvirus-1 gD and bovine IL-6. Vaccine 32:3300-3306
Truong, T, Hani Boshra, Carissa Embury-Hyatt1, Charles Nfon, Volker Gerdts, Suresh K Tikoo, Lorne A. Babiuk, Pravesh Kara, Arshad Mather, David Wallace, Shawn Babiuk (2014). Peste des petits virus tissue tropism and pathogenesis in sheep following experimental infection PLOS ONE e87145
Anand, S., Amit Gaba, Jaswant Singh and Suresh K Tikoo* (2014) Bovine adenovirus-3 pVII localizes to mitochondria and modulate ATP synthesis, mitochondrial CA2+ and mitochondrial membrane potential. J Gen Virology 95:442-452.