SMALL ANIMAL VETERINARIAN JOB POSTING
QUICK DESCRIPTION OF YELLOWKNIFE VETERINARY CLINIC
We are a full-service veterinary hospital with a vision to offer the best service in prevention and intervention. We focus on providing high quality patient and client care. We are equipped to handle a wide variety of medical conditions, including emergencies. We have an in-house IDEXX laboratory, digital radiography and use Cornerstone for our veterinary software. We also have an in-house veterinary boutique with nutritious food, toys, and essential pet supplies.
Address: 308 Woolgar Ave, Yellowknife, NT, X1A 3B5
QUICK OVERVIEW OF POSITION
We are looking for a full-time DVM to join our team at the Yellowknife Veterinary Clinic. We are looking for a compassionate veterinarian with great communication skills, a positive attitude, great team player, and devotion to providing the best patient care. In this position, you will use your surgical and medical knowledge to handle a diverse caseload of patients. Must be confident with routine surgical soft tissue surgery, dentistry, client communication, and must be able to work independently as well with other members of the clinic staff. Excellent medical record keeping on Cornerstone would be an asset, but training with this software can be provided. This is a great opportunity to broaden your skill set with experience in comparison animal medicine, surgery, and oral surgery/dentistry.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Dental care
- Performance bonuses
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment and have strong organization and time management skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Diagnose diseases and/or abnormal conditions in animals through physical examination and/or ancillary testing.
- Treat sick or injured animals by prescribing medications, dressing wounds, performing surgery, or other therapies.
- Use preventive care methods such as vaccinating animals and suggesting feeding regimens, and general care for patients.
- Supervise veterinary technicians and assistants where applicable.
- Educate the public about communicable diseases.
- Collect samples such as urine, feces, blood, or any other body fluids for examination and analysis.
- Perform laboratory procedures and diagnostic testing including urinalysis, hematology, and parasitology
- Operate radiographic equipment and interpret radiographs.
- Administer anaesthetics, perform surgery, and monitor the patients during surgery and during recovery with the assistance of the veterinary staff.
- Provide treatment plan guidelines for hospitalized and postoperative patients to ensure proper treatment in home environment.
- Humanely euthanize animals when mutually agreed upon by patient’s owners.
- Document all actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and patient medical records.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or equivalent
- Completion of the North American Veterinary Licensing Exam (NAVLE)
- Veterinary license valid in the Northwest Territories
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
- Any experience level is encouraged to apply.
- Basic security clearance, criminal record check, child abuse registry check, driver’s validity license check
- Clinic hours include:
- Emergency On-call hours split between veterinarians
- Shifts to be arranged with management.
- Weekend availability.
- Variable- dependent upon experience
- Base rate is $120,000 per annum.
- Bonuses, commensurate with productivity could easily give over $200,000 per annum.
If you would like to have a career with our team, we would love to hear from you. Please send a CV with a cover letter and relevant references to the email provided in the posting. No telephone calls please.
We thank you for your interest in this position at our clinic!